Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trying to Find the Time

How do you find time to write a book when you're a stay at home mom? You either have kids constantly needing you, distracting you or just plain irritating you. I want to make this work...I really really really do.

Right now, as I type...all 3 are mezermized by the "Imagination Movers" on Disney (I know. Disney. SHOCKING!). Even Gracie. It's a little bit disturbing and a whole lotta wonderful. It's quiet...but I don't have the motivation I need. Where are my quirky, funny girls that motivate me and make me crazy, which gives me material to write about? I'm so totally boring right now {{she said in a valley girl accent}}.

Every week day I sit down and say, "OK...this is the day. This is the day that the Lord has made...." Oh wait...I got distracted...I say, "Today is the day I will write. I will write a friggin' chapter!! Yes...Today." Then I spend 3 hours on facebook. Stupid facebook.

Actually, I do some laundry and take care of Ella. I try to sit and write, but I'm constantly distracted. I need a few days a week to really concentrate. I need Ella to go to preschool so I can write, and she can learn something besides what Phineas and Ferb are teaching her. But, in order to pay for her preschool, I need to write a book, get it published and make a fortune off of it. Sucks to be poor!!



No comments: