Monday, April 25, 2011

What Not to Wear at Disneyland...or ANYWHERE for that Matter

I know you've all been anticipating this post for a while now. As usual, you're checking in, endlessly, to see if I've posted yet. I apologize for making you wait. But it's only fair that I tell you, that my 1st priority isn't keeping my readers happy (all 27 of you), at least not this weekend.  And stuff as good as this takes time, you know?

So, I only have a few pictures because it's not real easy to take pictures of random people, making sure you don't get a good shot of their face (to protect the innocent, of course), while trying to keep your kids (and everyone around you) from catching on to what you're doing. And I didn't get near as many as I could of because, while I had the camera within reach at all times, there were times that I had my hands full...mostly with food. Oink Oink.


Ok...here it goes...


Aren't they cute? I especially love the stirrup pants with  the little heels (totally practical shoes for a day of walking at Disneyland, don'tcha think?). Oh, and the bows around their arms. A special tribute to Minnie, perhaps? My theory is, this is thier first trip, and I'd bet money they went right in and bought their Minnie Mouse ears.

No, not the little girl..I'm shallow, but not THAT shallow. I'm talkin' about Grand-ma-ma. Let's all pray that this little girl does NOT follow Grandma's fashion sense.
*I also saw Grand-ma-ma later that night, dressed the same way, hanging all over a man. Total baby barf.


I'm sorry to those of you that actually wear your hair like this from time to time,  but I'm here to tell you (in my blog, because I don't have the guts to tell you to your face), that this is unacceptable after the age of 6. And good gracious with the red gingham tube top. Good gracious. There were also shorts and ugg type boots involved. Sorry you missed it.


I'm just guessing here, but this must be a case of "I raided my little sister's closet". This case should to go to trail.


You have to look closely at this one, but look at the girl next to the post. Purple tube top. And that other woman's hand is covering them, but she is wearing shorts. You might disagree, but I'm thinking Disney's California Adventure is no place to be practicing your pole dancing. But, that's just my opinion.


This woman...oh wait. That's all...


These few shots just scratch the surface of what you can see at the Disneyland Resort. I'm dreaming of  my next trip...One where I'm alone, parked on a bench somewhere. Just me and my camera. I suppose it would be nice to have someone with me. Someone that could hold my corndog while I snapped a picture. Oh, what a trip that would be....


**I realize it can get hot at Disneyland and I do excuse tank tops and short shorts (that fit PROPERLY) and I don't expect everyone to look like me (you know, supermodelish). I don't expect designer jeans on everyone (although, that would be nice, especially if they all bought them from me {wink wink}), but I would like people to realize that just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it. When I go to Disneyland, I try to dress comfortably. Wear comfortable shoes. Clothes that fit properly. Stuff I can move in. That's why I don't understand all these people wearing clothes that are too tight and restrictive. How can that be comfortable? There is no way those pants that are creating the biggest muffin top EVER, and those shorts that are cutting the circulation off to your legs are comfortable. No way. And what about the tube top that is so tight it looks like you have six boobs, two in front, two in the back, and one on each side. Sigh...I wish everyone could be like me. Because I'm perfect.**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was worth the wait!!! :)

TIna said...

I love people watching & I can't imagine what I could come up with if I had a camera too!!! Way to go!

anneva said...

Hilarious reads my dear!

Annette said...

You are so funny. Ray and I sat on our love seat tonight reading and laughing about "Tim's Headache" blog stories from Disneyland. We love to people watch too and did quite a bit of that but didn't take any pictures. Yes, there were a lot of shorts and Uggs!!! What kind of fashion statement is that??? Anyway, keep it up. Good entertainment for us. :-)Eewww- maybe we need to get out more (lol).

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very funny without making fun of people. I am thankful the people in the pictures weren't aware of your motivation. Not everyone has perfect figures or perfect fashion sense. Take a minute and think of all of these people's feelings....

Sharon Mizner said...

I think it was hilarious! People open themselves up to any interpretation of what they are wearing when they go in public. I agree some people don't have the best figure or fashion sense, but you can not tell me they can't feel a pair of shorts so tight they are creating a camel toe!!! I loved the post!!! Thanks for a great laugh. Oh, and try to find a camel toe victim and take a picture for my entertainment!!!