Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Someone, Please Throw Me a Rope!!

Ok, peeps. I have never in my life been this down in the dumps. I can't seem to pull myself out of this funk. The last few months have been so hard. Everyday is a struggle for me to hold it together and some days I don't. And I take medication for crying out loud (literally)!

It's nothing for me to just break down and cry at the drop of a hat (she said literally..."Are you kidding me?!?! I dropped my hat?!?! WAAAHHHHH!!!") Which poses a problem because I usually spend a fair amount of time on my make up (and it looks amazing if I do say so myself *sarcasm*) and some of that make up is this eyeliner/serum that I run along my lashes (which by the way, has made my lashes grow like weeds. They're so long now it's almost embarrassing. *sarcasm*). Anyway...when the tears start, it causes this serum to run into my eyes causing them to burn like...he--....um well, really bad (that was for you, Lena)....then I can't see. Which then causes a slew of other problems. Like, if I'm driving. Or if I'm trying to walk up the stairs. Or if I'm trying to catch up on Facebook or Twitter. Or look at pictures of James from Big Time Rush. It's catastrophic, really.

Why am I telling you this? Because I want you to know that right now, I just don't have it in me to write and be flippin' hilarious like I usually am. And for that, my trusty loyal readers, I apologize. 

Please keep my family in your prayers as we are all still struggling with the changes and decisions we have made and continue to make regarding my parents. (Awwww....poo!! My eyes are burning!!!!!) And the time it takes away from my kids. Pretty sure they barely recognize me these days.

Also, I know she probably won't read this, but I have to give a shout out to my Aunt Kathy (Stiffler). I honestly don't know what I would do without her. That, my friends, is who I want to be when I grow up. I have never known a person with a kinder, more giving heart. She makes me want to be a better person. I honestly don't know how my dad or I would survive all this without her. We love you, Aunt Kathy. (I really want to send her a huge bouquet but my purse was stolen and I don't have access to any money. Shitaki mushrooms...it burns! It burns!)

Please visit www.psp.org to learn more about my mom's rare disease. And if you know my mom, feel free to stop by and see her. She loves visitors and she WILL, I repeat...she WILL know you. And dad, well, he loves company, too. He often needs a distraction and I can only do so much.

I know one day I will be back in full swing, but right now, I'm taking it one day at a time. 

AAAGHHHHH!!! MY EYES ARE BURNING!!! 






4 comments:

twhsteachr said...

Girl- I know it's hard. You know I've been there. I had over a year of tears... it does get better. Thankfully your true friends will stay with you, pray for you and give you hugs when needed.

And yes, your Aunt Kathy is amazing! I still can't get myself to Twin Oaks, been 3 years and still too much for me (stupid eyes are burning!) However, I wish you and your family much love!

Lauren bayless said...

I .love reading everything you write! Either here or FB! Keep your head up and have a Pepsi if needed! Miss ou girl!

timsheadache said...

I know you have, Denise. Unfortunately all too many people can relate. Sometimes, it just SUCKS.

Lauren, Thank you. I try and honestly, I really didn't know I had a knack for it until a couple years ago and have found that I really do love it. And, I do love my pepsi, too!! lol

Jennifer Mejia said...

I'm sorry it's been such a crummy year for you, friend. I'm confident this next year will get a little easier, as you all adjust to the new normal and even celebrate the unexpected blessings it brings. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your kids are clothed and fed, your marriage is intact, you have lots of people who love you... and your house is clean. I'd say you're doing a pretty good job. <3