Friday, April 8, 2011

Am I a Bad Mother?

Tell me this...

Does me not giving Mia money to spend at the book fair make me a bad mother? She requested $4 for a "pointer" so she could play school. Um...here's an idea...go break a branch off one of the dozen trees we have in the yard and use that as a pointer!
And books. She thinks I should buy her a book. WHY?!?! We have shelves and shelves full of books in there, AND I just spent at least $50 on books for her when her last book order came home!! I think she's read ONE of them...maybe.
Well, what about an eraser? She NEEDS an eraser. Hey, Mia...if you need an eraser so bad, why don't you go get one out of the closet over there where I have boxes of school supplies that no one has touched.
Apparently it's not fair that I won't give her any money to buy a bunch of junk that I will throw away next week after it's left in the floor and the dog either chews it up or someone steps on it and breaks it. **Sigh**
Oh, my poor, neglected children.

If you agree with Mia and think I'm an unfair or bad mother, then by all means, feel free to turn me in. I could use a break.

No comments: