Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Greatest Commercial...EVER

I just saw the greatest commercial EVER. Have you seen it? The one with the woman sitting at an outdoor table talking about how great Tide Sport is for washing her yoga pants. She says she uses her yoga pants for everything. "Hiking. Biking. Pilates." Then her friend says, "Brooke..." and she says, "Ok, I wear yoga pants because I'm too lazy for real pants." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I love, love, love, love, love this!! Did I mention I LOVE this? And do you know why I love this so much? Because it's true of 75% of the people dressed in work out clothes!! (I know I'm about to offend some of my real gym rat friends, but know I'm not in anyway referring to you.) But, I could swear those people didn't come from the gym like they'd like you to believe. I think it's all an elaborate hoax. Maybe they have every intention of hitting the gym...right after a quick shopping trip to the outlet mall and a bowl of never-ending pasta from the Olive Garden with the girlfriends...Or...maybe they just want to look like a gym rat. I don't even have a gym membership, but I could look like a gym rat, too. I could wake up, throw on some yoga pants, a sports bra and tennis shoes and run errands in all my 'day-before stench', 'bed-head hair', and yesterday's left over makeup and tell everyone I run into, "Oh, gosh. Excuse me. I know I smell horrible, but I just finished a super intense workout and a 5 mile run, but had to run a couple errands before I go home and shower."

I realize that getting healthy is "in" right now. And with getting healthy comes exercise and with exercise comes workout clothes, but must we wear our workout clothes all over town? And what happen to wearing an oversize tee and sweats while exercising? Who was the yahoo that invented spandex workout wear?!?!

Ok, I get that yoga pants are comfortable and easy to move in. They also allow room to grow. And, I can neither confirm nor deny that I own a pair, but when if I wear them, I'd most likely be wearing flip flops and would readily admit that the closest I've been to the gym in years is at the Italian restaurant located in the same building. And it's also possible that the reason I'm wearing them is because all my jeans may or may not be too tight from eating at the said Italian restaurant located in the same building.

I would just like to thank Tide for shedding light on the fact that yoga pants are being grossly misused and hopefully put an end to the abuse of innocent yoga pants everywhere. I already use Tide, but now it has a special place in my heart.

Here's a link to the commercial...it's officially my favorite...EVER.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkgRTtUgu8

No comments: