Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Disneyland, Day 1

Here is a quick (ok, we all know it's not going to be quick) recap of yesterday's trip to Disneyland.

First of all...I can't believe I was even the slightest bit worried about not finding good blogging material at Disneyland. Oh my word...I could write a flippin' book on what goes on at Disneyland. It's so awesome. When I get home I'm going to do an entire blog about "what not to wear at Disneyland" with pictures and everything. I have to tell you that it's not been easy getting these pics, because every time I take a random picture, Mia yells, "WHAT ARE YOU TAKING A PICTURE OF, MOM?!?! IT'S LIKE YOU'RE TAKING PICTURES OF NOTHING!!" Oh, if she only knew.....

I didn't get a picture of this because I had a churro in my hand and I was trying to push the stroller. It was a total money shot, too. I yelled at Tim that I couldn't have my hands full because I needed to be able to grab my camera at a seconds notice. Anyway...

I saw, what I believe to be a mother and daughter duo. I'm not talking like me and Mia. I'm talking like, me and my mom....maybe older. Ok, so you know that I'm not big on judging people, so know that I'm not judging. NOT JUDGING. This is soley my opinion (huge difference). Now are you ready for this? I hope you're sitting.....The mom (who looked more like a grandma) had a baby carrier strapped to her chest with.....ready?......a teddy bear in it. Yep. You heard me. Teddy. Bear. The daughter, also had a carrier, but she wanted to carry her teddy bear. Again...not judging. Only my opinion, but it is my opinion that if that mother is the type of person that will walk around Disneyland with a teddy bear strapped to her chest, she should've refrained from reproducing. AGAIN, just my opinion.

One of the first rides we went on was Pirates. As I was standing in line, and totally fighting an anxiety attack, it was then that I finally admitted to myself that I HATE Pirates of the Caribbean. There, I said it. And I feel like saying it again...I HATE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!! Oh my gosh. I feel so liberated. One time years ago, I was riding it and when we hit the bottom of the first drop, a huge splash of water hit me right in the mouth. I've never been the same since. From the time I get into the building and see those boats cruising around, I start feeling anxious and antsy. I have to start my lamaze breathing to get me through it. I try to shut my eyes through the whole thing, too. I. HATE. IT. From now on, the only time I will ride it, will be with my best friend, Xanax. Anyone is welcome to join us, but you have to bring your own best friend. I don't like to share...and I don't want to go to jail.

I have lots of great stuff to tell you, but I'm going to save it for a big post when I get home. I will leave you with this...I love California Adventure!! Know why? They serve adult beverages. Forget Disneyland...after a margarita, California Adventure is the Happiest Place on Earth!

**Please note that I was writing this under extreme pressure from my family to get off my butt and get ready so we could head back to the park. It's a little rough, but admit it, you thought it was funny....(You do know you can admit it by checking the funny box at the bottom right? I'm just sayin'....)