Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Time to Tan

Does anyone know where spring went? It was winter, then summer, then winter again, and summer again. I personally would like to enjoy a few days of spring before it gets so freakin' hot I have to shower at least 3 times a day because I can't stand my own stench.

So, I've been wearing t-shirts without one of my extremely large sweatshirts over it and I'm not likin' what I see. Not only am I a little pudgier than I'd like to be...but I am one white girl. No denying it. My brother and sister are both whities, too, but they tan naturally and have these beautiful golden tans. I burn. I turn bright red, peel, and then start the whole process again. I should have been a red head. In fact, I had my hair red for quite a while when I was younger and people were shocked to find out it was from a bottle.

Tim is olive complected and when he tans, he turns black. One year, at the end of our week long vacay on the beach, we took family pictures. Tim was literally black. It was almost comical. The girls tend to get a more golden tan. Must have come from my daddy...

My dad is dark complected. After we met my half brother a few years ago (now that's an interesting story I'll share with you sometime...), I realized where all my dad's olive skin went. Jerk. (Just kidding!! Geez. Chill.)

So, since it's getting warm and I'm wanting to wear short sleeve shirts (but no shorts because I don't do shorts. The veins in my legs look like a road map to nowhere.), I figure it's time to get my tan on...literally. I take the bottle, stand in the shower and spray away. And wah-la! I'm tan. I'm sure I'll wake up in the morning and look like an orange zebra, but at least I won't be white anymore. Some color is better than none, right? Yeah...let's go with that.

P.S. I'm not proof reading this, so deal with it, k?

No comments: