Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wine Before Noon = No Whining From Mommy

Ok, so yesterday was better. Of course, wine tasting at 11am might have helped a little.

One thing I love about coming here is that you usually see the same people on every trip. The girls always make friends that they only see once or twice a year, but they always pick up right where they left off. I love it! Mia met up with some friends and they all came over here to watch a movie on our super cool outdoor projector. As if we, ourselves, weren't cool enough already, but throw in a an outdoor movie on the big screen and HOLLER. The Dodsons are now the Awesomes! Whoop!

Anyway. Tim got to talking to these girls parents and they asked if Mia could tag along with their girls on a wine tasting trip. Huh? Um...ok...let me get this straight. You want to take MY daughter with YOU for a day of WINE TASTING? I'm sorry, but Mia doesn't like wine. So, if you're taking anyone, you're taking ME!!! How about this...we leave all our kids (they have 3 girls, too) with Tim and you take ME...by myself. How about that?!?! But, it turns out there is a van that comes from a winery in the area and takes you to their tasting room where the parents try their hardest to get sloshed in a short hour, while the kids run wild through the vineyard unsupervised! All for FREE! And again I say, HOLLER! So, we all hopped into the wine wagon and away we went. I actually felt a little sorry for the childless couple that were already on the bus when we loaded up. Ok! Not really. Muahahahaha.

After the 5 wines I tasted went to my head, I talked Tim into buying a case as "hostess gifts" (wink, wink) and we came back. It was a nice hour. The rest of the day was good, too. Mia went to the beach with our new BFF's the Mones, Ella played like an angel on the playground and Gracie listened to Big Time Rush all afternoon. And, Tim and I both managed to get naps, too!! It was absolutely awesomeness. 

I heart Pismo.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

OMG... that is hilarious! Love it :)